Can Burguès committed to quality and ecology
Agrotourism Can Burgues introduces the SICTED (Sistema Integral de Qualitat Turística en Destinació)
What is SICTED?
It is an improvement project that enhance the quality of tourist destinations, promoted by the State Secretariat of Tourism (SET) with the support of the Spanish Federation of Municipalities and Provinces (FEMP), which aims to achieve a consistent level of quality on the services offered to visitors in a tourist destination, including also companies / tourist services up to 31 different jobs, in order to positively influence the visitor experience and satisfaction. It has 31 offices, one management platform, 180 participating destinations in 17 autonomous community, more than 8,600 participating companies, and it is still growing.
This project is about a participatory model that requires that all companies / tourist services that take part on it will be committed to touristic quality on its destination.
It offers a training plan of 21 modules grouped into four cycles, technical assistance visits by consultants of SICTED, workshops for questions and answers, where broad debates are generated, improvement suggestions for the destination made by Workgroups, and evaluations that corroborate the company’s / touristic service adaptation to standards of quality, that will lead, in that case, to earn the Touristic Quality Commitment distinctive.
SICTED offers the following benefits for destinations:
- To promote a permanent management structure (Through the Bureau of Quality in destination and the SICTED manager).
- To offer a uniform level of quality in all the companies / touristic service).
- To increase the tourists satisfaction, and to promote their loyalty.
- To increase participation and implication from the entrepreneur, on the touristic development of the destination.
- To participate in a project at a national level together with more than 180 destinations.
SICTED offers the following benefits for companies / Participant touristic services:
- To improve the internal management, structuring processes
- To generate a documentation system
- To guide responsible about possible improvements to undertake at the establishment.
- To increase team’s qualification, through the training plan that consist of 21 modules.
- To receive technical assist that offers support to an ongoing improvement.
- Involvement and support of the destination authorities in the improvement of the touristic sector.
- Display of a distinctive badge that certifies the quality level achieved after an annual evaluation process.
- Secretary of State for Tourism: owner of the metodology. Directs and coordinates the project nationwide.
- Spanish Federation of Municipalities and Provinces (FEMP): Provides support to SICTED.
- Other administrations: Autonomous communities and provincial councils that support and promote the project in their respective territories.
- Destinations themselves through their Management Body: the Management Body is the public / private Organization, responsible for the implementation of the project in the destination.
- Interdestinos committee: Body of participation aimed for information exchange, actions, and evolution of the implementation of the SICTED in the participant destination, and the harmonization of the actions carried out by each of the destinations
- SICTED Agent: It is the essential part in the management of the project, responsible for coordinating the actions carried out within the destination.
- Trainers and advisers: Professionals who teach the training modules, and who provide to businesses and touristic services, the needed assistance to implement good practices manuals.
- Evaluators: They are independent experts to ensure objectivity and exactitude of the evaluation process prior to the award
- Companies / tourism services: They are the fundamental element of the project, the direct beneficiaries, and the public face of the project. They are in touch with the tourist, and by interacting with them, the client will experience a touristic adventure of more or less quality.
- Business associations: They can join the table of quality, representing groups of businessmen and professionals that heads towards the SICTED, and moving to this body the concerns and suggestions of its members.
Producers of organic hazelnut
Organic farming production, also known as biological or organic, is a system of production and processing of natural agricultural products. The main goal is to obtain the highest quality food.
The techniques used in organic farming are respectful with the environment, and with people, because it restricts the use of synthetic chemicals (Hormones, herbicides, chemical fertilizers, pesticides, etc.). Therefore, organic agricultural products do not contain residues from these substances.
Certification is required in order to ensure that the organic production system of food reaches the consumer with maximum guarantees. Therefore, the Catalan Council of Ecological Agricultural Production (CCPA) performs thorough checks on operators through audits of systems of production and processing, and taking samples of the products to be analyzed. This ensures that these products have not been contaminated with pesticides or GMOs.
Both the production and processing System, and control system is common to all European countries, and is regulated by Regulation (EC) 834/2007. In addition, the European Commission publishes an annual list of organizations authorized to carry out the control and certification of organic products. In Catalonia, the CCPA is the agency of control and certification of organic agricultural products and foodstuffs.
Can Burguès commits to quality and requests the categorization by spikes to the Direcció General de Turisme de Catalunya
La Caseta is categorized with 3 spikes. Els Cingles and els Cirerers with 2.
Rural tourism has a high degree of implementation and penetration in the Catalan market, with more than 2,000 establishments registered at the Directorate General of Tourism of Catalonia.
Therefore, this organization has launched a new system for categorizing Catalan rural tourism establishments based on spikes, similar to stars in hotels.
Currently, after a couple of years since we introduced this system of categorizing, 25% of registered establishments have already been categorized by spikes.
The graphical representation of the spike is used to quickly and visually identify the level services of the establishment. Thus, this category is set by the number of spikes (one to five):
- Basic: represented by one spike. Rooms and facilities essential for the stay.
- Comfort: represented by two spikes. Great level of rooms and equipment.
- Great Comfort: represented by three spikes. Very good level of rooms and equipment.
- Superior: represented by four spikes. Excellent level in rooms and equipment, and a wide offer of services. Environment and unique building.
- Superior Premium: represented by five spikes. Exceptional level in rooms and equipment. Emblematic building and area.
- Agritourism: The color of the spike is ochre.
- Rural lodging: The color of the spike is green.
The parameters to certify a rural tourism establishment, and categorize them according to the categories mentioned above, are these:
- Surroundings of the rural lodging, and the property itself.
- Interior rooms.
- Outdoor area.
- Furnishings and home resources for the provision of the services announced.
- Marketing conditions.
- Services (catering, reception, health…) offered to the costumer
- Agritourism and family activities, in the natural or cultural environment, that are offered to guests.
This certification system seeks to provide the traveler the task of finding the most suitable accommodation to their needs.